In spite of her victory over ‘The Mail on Sunday’ all the Duchess of Sussex will be able to do with her winnings is afford a trip to Poundland; £1 ‘MeGain’ better now also watch out for metaphorical banana skins
This morning, The Guardian’s redoubtable media editor Jim Waterson ran a story titled: “Meghan to receive just £1 from Mail on Sunday for privacy invasion.”
In the article, Waterson revealed that the “newspaper [and its sister website MailOnline] accepts defeat” and “will pay the Duchess of Sussex just £1 in damages for invading her privacy by publishing a private letter she had sent to her father.”
Analysing this Pyrrhic victory for what it truly is – most especially given the catastrophic reputational damage the former Meghan Markle has done not only to her birth family, the family she has married into and to the institution that is the royal family – en-route to her “success,” media lawyer Mark Stephens told Waterson of the “weakness” in her case. He remarked: “It does show that the curation of her reputation was an area where she had effectively invaded her own privacy.”
Whilst The Mail on Sunday will also have to cover a “substantial part” of the Duchess of Sussex’s costs and pay also a “confidential sum in damages for copyright infringement,” the £1 given to ‘Mendacious MeGain’ – a woman forced to apologise to the Appeal Court for “making misleading statements” during the case – will pay for only one thing; a little something at Poundland.
Equally, whilst the Duchess of Sussex might view this to be a victory over Britain’s biggest newspaper and a victory in her meddling mind for what she sees as “right over wrong,” she has actually made a catastrophic error. Forevermore, the press will be after her and they’ll never cease in their desire for revenge. The dominant half of ‘Ginge and Cringe’ needs now watch out for the metaphorical banana skins she’ll find constantly in front of her; they’ll be ready and waiting for her to slip on.
Can anyone solve a problem like ‘MeGain’?
- In November 2021, the duchess was forced to apologise to the Appeal Court in London for making a misleading statement in her privacy case against The Mail on Sunday’s publishers.
- Her very own father, Thomas, has called out her many untruths about him and others again, again and again.
- Of her claiming having got married the day before she actually did, Mr Markle stated: “Lying about the archbishop? How can you say: ‘We’ve been married three days before we got married’? Her lies are so obvious, I don’t know why she says them.”
- Her very own half-sister, Samantha, has called her out as a liar on multiple occasions also. It has been proven that the duchess’s claim that she hasn’t seen her sibling in over 20 years was proven untrue when a photo of the pair 13 years ago emerged.
- Her very own half-brother, Thomas Jr., said of her: “I told Prince Harry, I think she’s going to ruin your life. She’s very shallow… She’s a phony, a bully, a jaded, shallow, conceited woman.”
- The former Meghan Markle has been called out on multiple occasions for spinning stories against other members of the royal family, most especially the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- Staff who’ve worked for her have complained that she is a bully and investigations into this remain ongoing.
- The Duchess of Sussex is a known manipulator of the press and paparazzis and it has been claimed that she’ll “twist the truth” to get any headline she wants.
- Questions remain as to how many times she’s actually been married in total. Some say twice, some say thrice.
- “Would you trust this woman with a bargepole?” is something often asked of this money motivated minx.
What’s with the age question? Is she 40 or 43? A goat or a rooster? Has anyone been able to inspect the records of her birth?
Do NOT send this broad Down Under!!!!!!!!!!!! We’ve got enough problems with filthy immigrants and we definitely don’t want this non-entity!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is polluting everything she touches with her woke ways and I think she should be locked up with the clearly mentally challenged husband in The Tower!!!!!!!!!!!! Lock them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lock them up now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, lock them up and throw the keys into River Thame!
Fantastic woman and always does such good work for the community.
She’s gotta get past Border Security first!…DJOKOVIC, world No.1 tennis player seems to be having a bit of a problem…his Visa’s been cancelled!…Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Megamotor Mouth was refused entry?!!..😂🤣😂🇦🇺
What a hateful article, full of spite and bitter ness, very embarrassing for you all.
Actually, Cringe (we all know that’s the cleaned up version of her nickname, right?) is in exalted company with her one quid “contemptuous damages”. Remember Dr Dering who sued in 1964 for being mentioned as a war criminal in Leon Uris’s book? He got a ha’penny, the lowest form of currency at the time. And good old Lady Dockery, I wish I could say we don’t make them like that any more, got a ha’penny when she sued for being accused of using “naughty words”. Halcyon days.
It looks like the dastardly duo have reached the end of their rope.
MugGain could buy a mug in Poundland. She’s already married a f***er mug so she may as well have one. Perhaps she could have his face laminated onto it for a few extra pennies.
For pity’s sake, leave the poor philanthropic woman alone. She’s already promised to donate her victory payment to charity and that is so fucking admiralty.
I bet you’ll feel so fucking ashamed when she donates her £1 to support this rag and Helps Journalism to Remain Honest & Independent. She makes a difference to the world today.
You ungrateful bastards.