As Liz Truss continues to gain the support of further Tory members, her supporters make a fool of her in verse in penning poetry referencing her as ‘Bizzy Lizzy’ and ‘Thatcher Mach 3’
Supporters laud her as ‘Lioness Liz’ whilst unsurprisingly detractors unsurprisingly label her ‘Ludicrous Liz’ and ‘Loopy Liz,’ but now after the former published two poems about her, Liz Truss MP has become a bit of a laughing stock.
Written in a manner that would make even the ‘Queen of Doggerel’ Pam Ayres embarrassed by someone of unknown identity and a Londoner going by the name of Bill Sutton, the poetry (featured below unedited) is illustrative only that the MP for South West Norfolk’s fan club are incapable of grammar, spelling, sense and logic.
Peppered with hatred for the man they view to be the “back-stabber” (though they reference him as a “back stabbee” and “snake”) Rishi Sunak, the poems express also loathing for the “woke” and admiration for Margaret Thatcher (whose surname is put down as “Thartcher”). All criticism is then subsequently described as the “mock and snicker” of “lefties.”
With backing like this flocking to the cause of the likely next Prime Minister, God help once Great Britain. Could this Oxford educated PPE graduate, ex-Liberal Democrat, pro-abolitionist of the monarchy and ex-Remainer not find anyone intelligent to pen a verse about her?
Pictured top – In 2021, as International Trade Secretary, the now wannabe ‘Fat Controller’ visited Derbyshire train-makers Alstom Derby; she was mocked for “enjoying a day out at Thomas The Tank Engine World” in altered imagery.
The first ‘poem’ in full (unedited and peppered with errors):
Untitled and shared by someone on Facebook’s ‘Angry People in Local Newspapers,’ this shocker was mocked by over 1,000 group members.
Of it and its author, remarks included:
- “Jesus wept, the gin in that.”
- “I want to hear more about her army of Brians.”
- “Brian isn’t thrilled about matching her face.”
- “And they say right wing comedy is dead.”
- “These people actually vote.”
- “No irony they couldn’t spell brains right when talking about her.”
- “Daft bigoted melt.”
- “Back stabbee would mean he was the one stabbed in the back, NOT the one doing the stabbing.”
- “Clearly wrote this just before his medication was kicking in.”
- “Has anyone checked if this person is having a stroke?”
- “I’ve never written poetry whilst falling down some stairs before. Good effort.”
- “This has to be a Poe.”
- “Keats, Thomas, Amis; Step aside… We have found our Laureate.”
- “It’s like watching a descent into mental instability in real time.”
- “If this is satire, it’s genius. If it’s real, it’s frightening as f*ck.”
- “MRS THARTCHER and getting rid of THE WOKE. Possibly the best poem I have ever read.”
Bizzy lizzy will win by a.mile
She has a got a lovely smile
Brians to match her lovely face.
She will win this pm race
Sunaks a snake
A back stabbee he is
He turned on boris
And will turn on liz
She will be a great pm
Not as good.as Maggie but no one could
Mrs thartcher mach 3
Liz will stand proud over our lands
Holdinh out both her hand
If we wotk to gether we can
Get of the woke
And them. Cry into there
As liz makes our country great.
In liz we trust god speed to our new pm
The second ‘poem’ in full (also unedited and peppered with errors):
Penned by a Londoner named Bill Sutton who commented: “So I have writ [sic] this about liz.please don’t mock my soelling [sic] like the leftys [sic] do.thank you.hope you all like it.”
Comments included: “I wish you had spell checked your poem before putting it up” and “about as good [at] spelling as Truss.” Mr Sutton responded: “Alright lefty” whilst someone named Sheila Williams added: “Bloody lefty grammar police.”
Liz is the one.to make things right
She shines bright like a lovley light
She is a lady with lot of class
She is a women and is.a badass
She will put sunak in his place
We all know hes a waist of space
Maggies would love to see her win
And she.would put sunak in.the bin
Cone on liz you can win this
Dont let them bully you like snakes who.hiss.
We support our lovley liz
Liz for pm liz for pm liz for om