As rumours circulate that Ghislaine Maxwell will claim to be insane to try to halt her trial, she rightly yet again gets denied bail; will she make it to the mental house?
Yesterday, unsurprisingly just as rumours began to circulate that she might next put in a plea that she is insane, Ghislaine Maxwell was yet again denied bail by U.S. District Judge Alison J. Nathan after the latter cited her “ability to flee” justice.
Alleged mucky madam and sex trafficker Maxwell had pleaded to trade her jail cell for home detention, but Nathan rejected lawyer Bobbi Sternheim’s arguments that her client “has been subjected to physical and emotional abuse by jail guards.” She had also cited “poor and unsanitary living conditions, insufficient nutrition, difficulties reviewing millions of legal documents and sleep deprivation.”
Going further, another lawyer, David Oscar Markus previously ludicrously bleated to the court:
“Though she is a model prisoner who poses no danger to society and has done literally nothing to prompt ‘special’ treatment, she is kept in isolation – conditions fitting for Hannibal Lecter but not a 59-year-old woman who poses no threat to anyone.”
Responding, quite rightly, prosecutors suggested Maxwell’s advocate “turns to rhetoric and anecdotes better suited to tabloids than briefs” and added: “Where legal arguments can be found, they are cursory and unpersuasive.” Judge Nathan clearly agreed.
Previous bail applications on the part of “wannabe insane” Maxwell have been denied for various reasons and amongst the evidence that suggests she’s as trustworthy as Pinocchio are:
- The croaked paedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s ex-bestie used invented names whilst on the run in the summer of 2019 including Jennifer Marshall and Jen Marshall.
- Maxwell’s purchase of a house ironically called ‘Tuckedaway’ is indicative of her clearly giving the justice system the proverbial middle finger. Whilst living there, she “demonstrated willingness and sophisticated ability to live in hiding,” according to prosecutors.
- When the FBI arrived at ‘Tuckedaway’ to arrest her, Maxwell tried to flee and was also found with a mobile telephone wrapped in aluminium tin foil – a tactic used by criminals seeking to make their devices untraceable.
- When arrested, Maxwell was discovered along with a “security company staffed with former members of the British military guard” whom had been hired by her brother.
- Of her antics during her arrest, the FBI declared: “[She made] a seemingly misguided effort to evade detection… by law enforcement.”
- Of why they decided to hold her in custody, Audrey Strauss, the acting U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York declared: “The government respectfully submits that the defendant cannot meet her burden of overcoming the statutory presumption in favour of detention. There are no conditions of bail that would assure the defendant’s presence in court proceedings in this case. Accordingly, any application for bail should be denied.”
- When asked by the FBI which countries she was a citizen of, supposedly insane Maxwell arrogantly replied: “[I am a citizen of] TerraMar.” TerraMar is a non-existent place.
- Maxwell is a citizen of three countries: The United Kingdom, France and the United States of America. After her arrest, prosecutors pointed out France “does not extradite its citizens to the United States pursuant to French law.”
- She also has strong connections with Israel and her equally deviant father is buried there on the Mount of Olives.
- The 95-page address book – generally incorrectly referenced as Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘little black book’ – compiled by Maxwell and filled with countless friends of hers. It totals 1,971 individual names and provides clear indication of her ties and connections to powerful people across the globe.
- Maxwell has huge cash resources and has previously cited the ability to offer up £21.1 million ($28.5 million, €24.6 million or درهم7 million) and likely has other funds that have not yet even been declared.
- Maxwell has the qualifications and ability to pilot submarines and aside from that and her husband Scott Borgerson’s maritime connections, the pair have links to plenty of wealthy people who could speed the alleged mucky madam away in a covert fashion using such vessels.
- Mr Borgerson claimed to be “an ex-military man” during the time the couple were purchasing ‘Tuckedaway’ and was previously in the U.S. Coast Guard. It is obvious that such skills would be useful to his wife if she were to go on the run.
- Maxwell appeared in a photoshopped image released to the press by an associate in August 2019. The image featured a bus stop with an advert that had never been shown at that location.
- Maxwell did not even tell her own family she had been married to Scott Borgerson since 2016 prior to her arrest.
- Maxwell’s lawyer’s release of the image of her with a black eye – which they claimed to have been caused by abuse by guards – turned out to be an example of fake news. She had actually simply suffered from an eye infection.
- Of Maxwell, her very own friend Lady Victoria Hervey once tellingly declared: “I don’t think anyone is going to find her. She’s gone far away. She’s a bit like a James Bond character. She’s quite a unique person and I don’t believe anyone is going to find her… I don’t think we will ever see her again, it’s going to be like Robert Maxwell continued; she will continue that family mystery.”
- Proecutors have declared Maxwell has “the resources and skills to flee prosecution and added: “She is an extreme risk of flight.”
- Judge Nathan has previously declared of Robert Maxwell’s daughter: “[There are] no combination of conditions that can reasonably assure her appearance [if she is granted bail].”
Though assumed innocent until found otherwise, in addition, Maxwell’s alleged victims claim that “she set the trap” for the grooming and abuse carried out by both herself and Jeffrey Epstein.
Clearly, the sum total of this behaviour – if proven to have occurred – is indicative of someone of warped and deviant mind and equally that she is allegedly considering getting herself into a mental asylum in a bid to stop her trial provides evidence that she’ll do utterly anything to avoid facing justice for her supposed crimes. Once again today, we join those saying: Shame on Ghislaine Maxwell and shame on her enabling legal and PR teams.
Pictured top: Repeated bail seeker Ghislaine Maxwell with her ‘bestie’ paedo pal Jeffrey Epstein dozing to her left at a fashion show.