Chef and Palestine on a Plate app creator Joudie Kalla shares her recipe for a chicken and celeriac salad
This is the perfect salad for fresh spring day and ideal to share with friends. It is quick and easy to make and will delight you are your friends.
1 celeriac, peeled and julienned.
3 chicken breasts.
3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
Lemon juice to taste (use a minimum of two lemons).
4-6 tablespoons of olive oil.
Small bunch of parsley, chopped.
10-15 Datterini cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
Salt and pepper to taste.
– Peel, cut and julienne your celeriac.
– Salt and pepper the chicken and grill with a little oil and brown.
– Place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes to cook through. When ready, slice into little strips and set aside.
– Mix the yogurt, mustard, lemon and oil.
– Add the celeriac, tomatoes and parsley and mix.
– Add the chicken slices and serve.
– This salad should have a slight bite to it so I usually let it sit in in the sauce for about 10 minutes to soften the celeriac. It also allows for the sauce to be absorbed.
Joudie Kalla is a Palestinian chef and a lover of Middle Eastern food. She runs Baity Kitchen Catering and recently launched an app named Palestine on a Plate to share Palestinian recipes and personal stories. Follow her on Twitter at @BaityKitchen.
Subscribe to our free once daily email newsletter here: