The worst named restaurants in the world
When opening a restaurant, some restaurateurs opt to name their businesses after a street whilst others use their surname or a historic figure. Here, however, we list a selection of ten of the most bizarre and ridculous that we’ve come across:
– B.A.D. Sushi, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
– Prawns on the Lawn, London, United Kingdom, N1
– Hitlers’ Cross, Kharghar, India
– The Golden Shower: Restaurants in Sydney, Australia and Shanklin, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
– Flavors of Negros, Philippines
– Cum-n-Eat, Fivemiletown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
– Sophie’s Choice: Restaurants in Willowmore, South Africa; Cleveland, Ohio and Sidcup, Kent, United Kingdom
– El Rape, Cabo de Palos, Spain
– Pizza Orgasmica, San Francisco, California, United States of America
– McWank’s, Watson Lake, Canada
What on earth were the founders of these businesses thinking?
Subscribe to our free once daily email newsletter here:
And not forgetting. ‘Tosa’ on King Street, Hammersmith.
Scotchbrite scourers were once known as Sanitary Scrubbers in America. When I worked for 3M, who made all things branded Scotch, their German company wanted to call a Scotch floor cleaning machine The Doodlebug. To which my manager responded: ‘I hope it’s better than the last lot you sent over to London during the War’.
Hilarious. Some very twisted people out there.