As the ‘Mirror’ publish yet another “nothing new” story about ‘missing’ Madeleine McCann, Matthew Steeples suggests: “Why not instead allocate some coverage to other missing people?”
In July last year, the MailOnline ran a ludicrous story suggesting that “a new witness has come forward to claim that Madeleine McCann is alive and living with a German family on the Algarve.” They did not name this supposedly beady eyed individual, but suggested “she saw the by-now teenager in a supermarket just 40 miles from where she disappeared speaking German.”
Unsurprisingly like most ‘leads’ in this curious case, this far-fetched suggestion never resulted in any further developments and now, this morning, it’s been the turn of the Mirror to muddy the waters yet again.
Probably prompted by those seeking to get further funds to top up the fast approaching £13 million of public money wasted on a case caused by a couple who left their three young children unattended whilst living it up at a restaurant, the Mirror reported: “Kate and Gerry McCann still hope [their daughter] will be found alive, 14 years after she vanished on holiday in Portugal in 2007, days before her fourth birthday.”
Aside from banging on about a note left in a staff message book at the resort, the paper shared that Mr and Mrs McCann have recently declared on Facebook: “We love you and we’re waiting for you and we’re never going to give up.”
This morning, I counter: “Why don’t the Mirror and MailOnline and others stop printing such drivel and why don’t they instead help the thousands of other families of missing people who get little to no assistance instead?”
Missing Madeleine – Questions STILL without Answers
Many questions about what happened on the evening of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann remain. Some that have been highlighted by the press and discussed online include:
- Why did Kate McCann refuse to answer 48 questions put to her by the Portuguese police?
- Why were certain records of phone calls on the evening of the disappearance “whoosh-clunked” from the memories of the phones of Mr and Mrs McCann and the ‘Tapas 7’?
- Why did a British sniffer dog sense the smell of a corpse in a cupboard in the apartment from which Madeleine McCann disappeared?
- Why did a sniffer dog also supposedly sense the smell of a corpse in a vehicle hired by the couple a month after the disappearance of their daughter?
- Why did Mr and Mrs McCann go jogging and play tennis in the days after their daughter’s disappearance?
- Was it acceptable for Mr and Mrs McCann’s mortgage to be paid by the fund established to search for their missing daughter?
Lock them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil Dingos these two…………… They left their kids in an open apartment and left them open to what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No “disappearance” here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So disgusting that they payed their mortgage with funds donated to the search. They have no shame. Jogging and tennis instead of searching , guess they knew searching was pointless then .
Heartbreaking for all the other lost children that are being forgotten. Guess it’s who you know .
They dont like talking about the Smith family sighting
Trott is speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I was waiting for that muppet to come out from under the bed. Perhaps there is no day release this week for the cuckoo’s nest.
Gerry and Kate should be jailed for having neglected there children by leaving them alone. None of this would have happened without child neglect.