Hollie Doyle achieved a remarkable 5 wins in a row at Kempton Park last night at odds of 2,522-1; her success brings cheer to racing a time when the sport most needs it
Whilst the inexcusable Gordon Elliott scandal has brought the worst kind of shame to the racing community in the last week, news that Hollie Doyle has continued her winning form and landed five wins last night in a card of eight races at Kempton Park is truly to be celebrated.
Having ridden five winners in one day at Windsor in August last year in a card of seven races, Doyle’s 2,522-1 achievement yesterday included an 8-1 winner in the form of Madrinho and a 14-1 success with Sir Titan.
Speaking to The Racing Post, Doyle remarked:
“It’s great as these things don’t happen very often so you have got to make the most of them.”
“I seem to do quite well here but I’ve had some good rides here today. Charlie Appleby’s horse [Highland Avenue] has got a lot of potential and I thought if I get beat on that I’ll give up!”
“I thought Archie’s [Watson’s horse, Laos] should go close and to be honest when I spoke to Tony [Carroll] he filled me full of confidence with all three of his rides. You just need a bit of luck and I have had that. My agent has done me a good job in getting a good book of rides.”
“I’m never satisfied with what I’ve done and I always want to achieve more and when you get on these sort of runs you always want to do better.”
Hollie Doyle’s remarkable achievements in 2020 numbered:
- Women’s British record holder for wins in a calendar year.
- First Royal Ascot winner with Scarlet Dragon in the Duke of Edinburgh.
- Winner of £1.9 million in prize money.
- Record-breaking first woman to win five races on a card at Windsor.
- Broke her British record in October 2020 after 117th winner and achieved a total of 151 wins in the year.
- First woman to win at the QIOCO British Champions Day at Ascot.
- Nominated for BBC Sports Personality of the Year and came third behind Lewis Hamilton and Jordan Henderson.
All at The Steeple Times again celebrate this true heroine’s latest success and look forward to lots more to come from the brilliant champion that is Hollie Doyle.