Described by the BBC as “a serial fringe candidate,” Broxtowe, Nottingham born ‘Lord Biro’ attended the late paedophile Jimmy Savile’s funeral dressed as Elvis. He threw a 99p bunch of flowers into his grave as “a mark of respect.”
A divorced painter and decorator, wacky David Bishop adopted his first moniker (‘Lord Byro’) in honour of Lord Byron and later replaced the ‘y’ with an ‘I’ to stand against everyone from Eric Pickles to Neil Hamilton and Robert Kilroy-Silk.
An artist and poet also, Bishop primarily campaigns as the ‘Church of the Militant Elvis Party’ and has a website named GrumpyOldElvis.co.uk. His wacky policies have included:
– Imprisoning Cherie Blair to prevent her talking about her sex life.
– Placing CCTV in the bedroom of Nick Clegg.
– Bono for Pope.
– Going to Antarctica to shout at icebergs to “stop melting.”
– Turning public schools into pound shops.
– Introducing moats around houses.
– Legalising and nationalising cannabis and calling it British Grass.
– Free neutering for cats and Boris Johnson.