Described by the BBC as “a serial fringe candidate,” Broxtowe, Nottingham born ‘Lord Biro’ attended the late paedophile Jimmy Savile’s funeral dressed as Elvis. He threw a 99p bunch of flowers into his grave as “a mark of respect.”
A divorced painter and decorator, wacky David Bishop adopted his first moniker (‘Lord Byro’) in honour of Lord Byron and later replaced the ‘y’ with an ‘I’ to stand against everyone from Eric Pickles to Neil Hamilton and Robert Kilroy-Silk.
An artist and poet also, Bishop primarily campaigns as the ‘Church of the Militant Elvis Party’ and has a website named GrumpyOldElvis.co.uk. His wacky policies have included:
– Imprisoning Cherie Blair to prevent her talking about her sex life.
– Placing CCTV in the bedroom of Nick Clegg.
– Bono for Pope.
– Going to Antarctica to shout at icebergs to “stop melting.”
– Turning public schools into pound shops.
– Introducing moats around houses.
– Legalising and nationalising cannabis and calling it British Grass.
– Free neutering for cats and Boris Johnson.
Such people make British elections so much more fun
What does he put in his coffee to come up with these manifesto ideas?
Demented, half-cut lunatic. Lock him up!
Has he been on the Castlemaine??????????
God, the kind of eccentric Englishman who makes you proud to be British. Not dangerous enough to be sectioned, so we can all enjoy his wacky thoughts. He’s nailed it with Cherie Blair and Nick Clegg.
What a hoot!
Not sure where they dig these loonies up from. I like the thought of him on an iceberg in Antarctica, and then the chopper won’t start to bring him back. I reckon his shouting would last about 15 minutes before hypothermia set in.