Matthew Steeples highlights that it is not just David Cameron who has been sticking his piggy fingers in the trough; Theresa May also ‘pocketed’ over £1.2 million in the last year alone
Whilst the media are busy banging on about David Cameron’s bungled attempts at lobbying for Greenshill Capital and the ensuing sleaze scandal that has followed, the majority have missed what his immediate successor has been upto since she was turfed out with the trash by her fellow Tory turncoats.
Yesterday afternoon, however, Guido Fawkes shared news of the ‘Jobs for the Boys and Jobs for the Girls’ ex Tory leader – and don’t forget it’s bins for Sir Philip May and wandering in the wheatfields for his weird wife, the new ‘Lady T’ – when they suggested that the hapless Conservative MP for Maidenhead has pocketed over £700,000 from speeches since standing down as Prime Minister.
Going further this morning, after analysing the Register of Members’ Financial Interests as of 15th March 2021, The Steeple Times can reveal “Brexit means Brexit” Lady May’s latest declaration to be an astonishing £1,075,706 in total – and that’s before adding in her £81,932 MP’s salary and office expenses.
Of this sum for outside earnings, all but one payment is for work for foreign entities and the only payment for ‘work’ in the UK came from JP Morgan. That totalled £160,370 for “two speaking engagements that were cancelled” and this accounted for just 15% of the total ‘earned.’
Whilst we’re at it, let’s not forget ‘MayBeNot’ also managed to secure herself life membership of the Carlton Club and ‘VIP’ perks at Heathrow Airport and Amanda Wakeley and this is all before we get onto her hubby’s no doubt not-too-shabby salary from Capital Group also.
Today we politely enquire: “Why isn’t anyone in the mainstream media wagging a finger at the greedy grubber Theresa May yet or asking her: ‘How on earth do you find the time to serve your constituents?’”
Theresa’s (mostly overseas) trough since February 2020 – £1,075,706
- 19th February 2020 – Dubai Women Establishment, UAE
- Speech – £115,000 for 19 hours work (including travel).
- 26th March 2020 – Structured Finance Association, USA
- Speech – £115,000 for 25 hours work (including travel).
- 6th March 2020 – Brown University, USA
- Speech – £115,000 for 14 hours work (including travel).
- 6th March 2020 – Trinity University, USA
- Speech – £115,000 for 26 hours work (including travel).
- 22nd April 2020 – JP Morgan Chase, UK
- 2 speaking engagements – £160,370 for zero hours to date (will be rescheduled).
- 25th June 2020 – World 50 Inc, USA
- 3 speaking engagements – £101,169 for 7 hours work “to date.”
- 17th September 2020 – Telmex Foundation, Mexico
- Virtual speaking engagement – £46,750 for 6 hours work.
- 18th September 2020 – World Knowledge Forum, South Korea
- Speaking engagement – £136,000 for 30 hours work (including travel).
- 9th November 2020 – Lancaster Chamber of Commerce & Industry, USA
- Virtual speaking engagement – £45,500 for 6 hours work.
- 20th January 2021 –The Richmond Forum, USA
- Speech – £48,245 for 3 hours work.
- 20th January 2021 – TPG Communication, France
- Speech – £39,000 for 2 hours work.
- 4th February 2021 – Society of the Four Arts, USA
- Virtual speaking engagement – £38,672 for 5 hours work.
What else has Theresa been pocketing lately from her ‘Magic Money Tree’?
- An MPs salary of £81,932 plus expenses “to cover the costs of running an office, employing staff, having somewhere to live in London or their constituency, and travelling between Parliament and their constituency.”
- An £85,000 per year salary from the Office of Theresa May Limited “until further notice” for just 24 hours work per month or just 288 hours work per year.
- Honorary life membership of the Carlton Club.
- ‘VIP treatment’ at Heathrow Airport, valued at £4,200 a pop, at least 14 times totalling at least £58,800.
- Substantial rental income from a flat in London owned jointly with her husband.
- A discount card from Amanda Wakeley, “which has the potential to be of registrable value.”
Follow Matthew Steeples on Twitter at @M_Steeples.
Their really just taking the piss out of us mere mortals, it’s obscene when you think of what a pensioner receives, and all the cut backs to health, education etc etc.
I had to read it twice. Very nice.
Your blog is very informative.
Organizations actually pay her good money to hear her talk? Unfreakingbelievable. Wonder what the topics are… “How I screwed up as Home Secretary, then Prime Minister”?
How I stopped British people being with wives and families.