As Julian Assange reportedly is to leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London, he also offers himself as a lunch date there for £30,000
This morning, yet more police officers have gathered outside the Embassy of Ecuador in Hans Crescent after it has been reported that Julian Assange is about to hand himself in. If this rumour proves true, bidders in an online auction could be very disappointed.
Described as being an “opportunity to meet and have lunch with one of the most compelling and controversial figures of our time” by the website Charity Buzz, Julian Assange has offered the chance to learn about his views on laptop security and managing an organisation under fire over a meal in the embassy where the Wikileaks founder has been holed up for two years.
The fine print of the lot, which is being sold in support of the charity Arms Around the Child, states:
- Valid for one person with one guest.
- Cannot be resold or re-auctioned.
- Cannot be transferred.
- To be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon date.
- Travel and accommodations are not included.
- Location: Embassy of Ecuador, London
- Winner must present a valid passport to the Embassy of Ecuador.
- Winning bidder and guest subject to Embassy of Ecuador security screening.
- No pictures without express approval of Assange.
- No electronic equipment allowed without prior approval.
- Members of the media are ineligible.
- Winners agree to publish no account of the experience in any medium without the express approval of Assange.
- Winners subject to review.
- We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending an experience won at Charitybuzz. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must.
£29,881 ($50,000) is the suggested estimated value for the lot. To date there has only been one bid of £2,988 ($5,000). It seems that few are rushing to get their cheque books out. The auction ends on Thursday 28th August at 2pm EDT.
Maybe, if Assange does exit, the winning bidder could lunch in the cell where this bail skipper should rightly be.
Subscribe to our free once daily email newsletter here:[wysija_form id=”1″]