As Julian Assange reportedly is to leave the Ecuadorian embassy in London, he also offers himself as a lunch date there for £30,000
This morning, yet more police officers have gathered outside the Embassy of Ecuador in Hans Crescent after it has been reported that Julian Assange is about to hand himself in. If this rumour proves true, bidders in an online auction could be very disappointed.
Described as being an “opportunity to meet and have lunch with one of the most compelling and controversial figures of our time” by the website Charity Buzz, Julian Assange has offered the chance to learn about his views on laptop security and managing an organisation under fire over a meal in the embassy where the Wikileaks founder has been holed up for two years.
The fine print of the lot, which is being sold in support of the charity Arms Around the Child, states:
- Valid for one person with one guest.
- Cannot be resold or re-auctioned.
- Cannot be transferred.
- To be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon date.
- Travel and accommodations are not included.
- Location: Embassy of Ecuador, London
- Winner must present a valid passport to the Embassy of Ecuador.
- Winning bidder and guest subject to Embassy of Ecuador security screening.
- No pictures without express approval of Assange.
- No electronic equipment allowed without prior approval.
- Members of the media are ineligible.
- Winners agree to publish no account of the experience in any medium without the express approval of Assange.
- Winners subject to review.
- We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending an experience won at Charitybuzz. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must.
£29,881 ($50,000) is the suggested estimated value for the lot. To date there has only been one bid of £2,988 ($5,000). It seems that few are rushing to get their cheque books out. The auction ends on Thursday 28th August at 2pm EDT.
Maybe, if Assange does exit, the winning bidder could lunch in the cell where this bail skipper should rightly be.
Subscribe to our free once daily email newsletter here:
Guess who is coming to dinner? What is £30 000, we have already spend £7 Million to keep the mother fucker safe. Perhaps Jemima and Russell Brand will be delighted to dine with him, it will put them back in the spotlight, and they can afford the fee.
You DO sound angry and upset, Mr. Paddaman……….! (Are you a CIA/FBI lackey by any chance?!) Incidentally, it is the Embassy of Equador that has been keeping Julian Assange safe. The “£7 million”
has been, utterly disgracefully and wastefully, spent on surveillance……………..
No Sherlock, I am a poor blogger with bad eyesight. You have the wrong person, not medically fit to spy…. That is Glenmore’s department. I do like to laugh….
Poor inadequate self image causes stress and anxiety, poor Esra Siebra is still hiding in the closet. The doctor slapped his mother during his birth, perhaps it is money well spend?
I hear there is a tunnel that runs from the Embassy to one of the childrens homes what one i don’t know.