California estate complete with everything from a rock climbing wall to a video games centre for sale for £14.3 million – Only “discerning global citizens” should to apply to view
Americans don’t do things by halves and if ever proof of such were needed, one only ought to look at the features of a £14.3 million ($22.5 million or €19.8 million) “estate” in Orinda, California where the selling agents boldly note: “Boredom is simply not an option”.
Launched to the market last week and situated 30 minutes from San Francisco, it is the list of extras that come with the 23,000 square foot property on 8.6 acres that is worthy of note. Amongst them are:
– A billiard room.
– A theatre.
– A panelled library.
– A 1,500 square foot banquet room.
– A wine cellar.
– A wood-fired pizza oven.
– An outdoor swimming pool.
– A dry sauna.
– A steam room.
– An infinity-edged spa with waterfall and fire pit.
– A yoga area.
– A tennis court.
– A racquetball squash court.
– A bocce centre.
– A rock climbing wall with a self-belay system.
– A putting green complete with a bunker and pitching area.
– A £63,700 ($100,000 or €87,800) full-swing golf simulator.
– A video games centre.
– An “old fashioned” swing tyre that “will keep guests [and] family endlessly entertained”.
– A 1,600 square foot 5-car garage with a car wash station.
– A Koi pond with cascading waterfall.
– A computer controlled security system with 22 cameras.
– And, finally, for the environmentally conscious: Electricity is supplied by automated solar panels and “bolstered” by an emergency backup generator.
Realtors Mark Attarha, Lauren Holloway and Rick Merritt of Bay Sotheby’s International Realty will surely simply be left asking those “discerning global citizens” (yes, that’s how they’re describing likely potential buyers) with the necessary funds: “Sir: Is there anything else you require?”
Subscribe to our free once daily email newsletter here:
Looks like a motel for spivs.
The home for the ultimate stay-at-home bore!!!!!!!!!!
It is I would say great. You people are just jealous of the richer people.
If you like it, Khaled it must be God Awful. I thought you chappies liked living in tents
That was uncalled for!
Oh? And why is that Dickhead?
Peter Wayde and Khaled don’t appear to be on the same wavelength; ‘ see you in Court ‘ sort of not on the wavelength.
Well, it fortunate we are not….after all, the poor chap is very common and doubtless a debile to boot
Had me reaching for my dictionary there Peter. Still no wiser, but I am sure it wasn’t especially complimentary if directed at ‘Khaled’ 🙂
It sure wasn’t, Glenmore! I am in France so was being slightly pretentious….
Ah! Frogspiel. A weakling. Just waiting for Charles Atlas!