Oliver Estreich’s New York real estate power brokers
In the second in a series, Oliver Estreich profiles New York’s top realtors. He continues with Eva Penson, Leighton Candler and Dana Power.
Eva Penson is widely known as “The Tenacious One”. She joined Halstead Property LLC six years ago and works from their flagship office at 499 Park Avenue.
A resident of Fifth Avenue and fluent in French, Russian and Polish, Penson began her career in commercial property but now specialises in dealing with high net worth individuals. Her interests include golf, skiing, tennis and Western African art. She is also an active participant in charity work at the Polish Embassy in New York.
Of Penson, one client, the lawyer and matrimonial attorney Raoul Felder, comments: “She cares… She doesn’t stop working… She wants to make a deal that’s good for the client”.
Eva Penson’s current listings include 417 Park Avenue 4E, Midtown East, New York – $3,495,000
– An elegant apartment with 2 reception rooms, 2/3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.
– 10 foot ceiling heights, herringbone flooring and oversized windows.
– Situated within a full service building designed by Emery Roth.
Described by New York Magazine as a “mega-broker”, Leighton Candler sold financier Scott Bommer’s co-operative at 1060 Fifth Avenue for $48.8 million in 2008.
Candler is originally from Atlanta and has a background in interior design. Her biography states that she represents a “diverse [range of] patrons” and of her profession as a realtor, she herself adds:
“I’m an avid real estate connoisseur with a lot of inside knowledge of the industry, the market and the history of New York. I won’t encourage a deal until I’m convinced that the fit is right for my client. I love the challenge of finding all customers their ideal home and seeing every aspect through with them”.
Leighton Candler’s current listings include The Penthouse at The Mark, 25 East 77th Street, Upper East Side – $60,000,000
– 9,799 square foot of internal space including 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
– 2,400 square foot of finished terrace.
– Views across New York City and Central Park.
– Access to all hotel amenities.
Born in San Diego, Dana Power studied journalism at Fordham University. She’s worked an actress and model and appeared in the sixth season of HBO’s The Sopranos but has now found her niche in real estate.
Power has an expertise in “developmental concepts of energy-efficient living and eco-friendly housing” and is knowledgeable about both high-end real estate and commercial property.
She is actively involved in charities including City Harvest and St Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
Dana Power’s current listings include 129 Lafayette Street, Soho – $14,660,000
– 4,460 square foot of accommodation includes 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms.
– Bright and spacious with wraparound oversized windows, custom concrete flooring and a living room with 13 foot ceilings.
– Pre-war building with concierge, doorman and views of the Empire State Building and the northern skyline.
Subscribe to our free once daily email newsletter here.