Will of Boris Berezovksy confirms he was far from broke and again raises questions about his death by hanging
When he died, many wrongly jumped to the conclusion that Boris Berezovsky was broke. With the publication of a story about his will by The Sunday Times today, it most certainly seems that this was untrue.
The tycoon, who had lost a High Court battle with Roman Abramovich in 2012, made his last will and testament just nine days before he died on the 14th March 2013. In it, he left:
– 23% to his daughter Ekaterina including 5% left to his mother, Anna, who has since died.
– 18% to his daughter Elizaveta.
– 18% to his daughter Arina.
– 18% to his son Gleb.
– 18% to his former girlfriend Helena Gorbunova.
– 5% to his Israeli assistant Michael Cotlick.
The total figure involved is said to be some £500 million and includes assets such as luxury properties, hotels, art and yachts.
Given these latest revelations, many will again question the way in which the investigation into Berezovsky’s death was swept under the carpet. After all, when, indeed, something sounds too good to be true – it generally is.
Subscribe to our free once daily email newsletter here:[wysija_form id=”1″]